Thursday, May 31, 2012

What's On My Mind...

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last wrote something or at least posted some pictures. I had a busy Memorial Weekend. Had some friends over on Saturday night for a little grilling and conversation (Jeannie I wish you and Leonard could have been here) and Sunday visited with my Mother and Step-Dad. Monday I was just too danged tired to do much of anything! Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were just too awful hot to sit outside and enjoy my day watching the wildlife. The last couple of days I've just had too much on my mind.

I haven't noticed the eagle in a few days (wondering if it's the heat), but the coyote is making a daily day-light visit. The cows are getting so used to him that this morning only one cow bawled while the rest just laid there. He even walked by the turkeys in the pasture and they didn't even look his way or run. I think they must all be lethargic from the hot temperatures we've been having. Hopefully, things will cool off once again and my animals will start moving.

I'll try and take some pictures this weekend, but can't guarantee. As I mentioned earlier I have a lot on my mind and that's kind of putting a damper on things. For those of you who don't know, I had an accident at work a little over 2 1/2 years ago. Someone's negligence caused me to fall which resulted in my knee becoming severely damaged. I've had to have four subsequent surgeries. I'm still having lots of trouble with walking, stability and pain so I'm going for another opinion; this time to see a Chief of Orthopedics. I'm worried that he'll tell me I can't be fixed and that I'll always be like this. Can't help but worry since it has been such a long time without relief. I can deal with walking with a limp forever, but am tired of the cane and pain (HA, that rhymed!). I would ask that if you read this that you'll say a little prayer for me next week or send happy thoughts my way because I am beyond ready to get back to living my life.

Well, now that that's off my chest I feel some better! :-)

I hope each of you has a blessed and safe day.

Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment